Homebuyer education, sometimes called housing or pre-purchase counseling, helps homebuyers prepare for purchasing a home and the many new challenges of being a homeowner. Homebuyer education can be any class approved by HUD, Fannie Mae, or Freddie Mac, as long as it meets the insurer and master servicer requirements.

Completing homebuyer education or counseling is required prior to approval. Talk to one of our state-approved mortgage lenders to make sure you understand how homebuyer education fits into your financing situation.

If you are receiving funds from another source, you must meet any requirements established by that funding source.

Find a Class (note that some classes have registration costs)

Untitled 1